Thursday, January 19, 2012

"No. . . I walk."

The last two days during therapy Maggie has worked on stepping with her left foot and hopping with her right foot.  She would take teeny tiny steps with her left foot, most of the time not even allowing it to touch the floor, then use her arms to push the weight of her body up and hop with her right foot.  We got home tonight, and she showed Tim's mom, her Nana, how she could "Step, Hop."  Then Mimi and Gangan came over, so she had a little audience assembled.  Evidently that is all she needed.  As I leaned over her, I reminded her to step then hop.  She matter-of-factly said, "No.  I walk."  

And then she did.




3 comments:

funks said...

Great job, Maggie!

Unknown said...

Way to go Maggie! :)

Amber Young said...

I love reading your posts for Maggie - I can't wait to read about when she looks back at all the support & prayers that were sent your way during her process of coming home.

I nominated you for the Versatile blog award! :)

http://eternally-red.blogspot.com/2012/01/sweet-blog-award.html