Tonight Maggie wanted me to lay down with her when it was time to go to sleep. Tim had gone to the grocery, so I was the next best thing. :)
As she was munching on leftover chicken nuggets and french fries (don't judge too harshly, she doesn't eat much, and she could really stand to put on some weight!), she rolled over and looked me right in the eye. She held my gaze for a long time--the longest since we have had her. Then she put her little arm around my neck and touched her nose to mine.
I said, "I love you so much."
She said, "I yoove oooo."
I said, "I love you too."
She said, "I yoove oooo too."
It was definitely the sweetest moment we have shared so far.
(And then she decided she was ready for her daddy. Ha!)
3 comments:
Yes, she loves her daddy. But that little girl loves you so much too....just like she said to you. Precious. So glad you were given that moment!
Love this post...brings tears of joy to my eyes. So sweet to watch your relationship grow and develop with Maggie. I so look forward to these very things with our Grace...I FULLY expect her to like Maggie in that she will probably be very into her Daddy. :) I'll take whatever I can get...just want her home...period.
oh mb....u still make me teary every time!!
Post a Comment