Thursday, February 24, 2011

Two Steps To Go!

After many prayers both by us and for us, the light at the end of this tunnel is getting brighter!  My gratitude to those who are willing to take time to help pray us through this journey is overflowing.  Someday Maggie will know how many people cared for her before she even came home!  It is a blessing for sure.

The National Visa Center forwarded our approval to the U.S. Embassy in China on Thursday, February 17.  Today we received the letter from the NVC that we need to be able to move forward.  This letter will be dropped off at the Embassy on Monday.  Two weeks later our Article 5 will be picked up and sent to Beijing.  At that point we will be waiting for our travel approval!

It is funny.  As each step in this process gets checked off, I get a little more emotional thinking about how we are getting closer to our sweet Maggie.  It is very realistic to think that in five weeks we could have our travel approval and making real plans to go to China!   That is a little crazy and very overwhelming, but so, so GOOD.  I can't wait!

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

Mary Beth, Thank you for the sweet comments on my blog. It does help to know I am not alone. I just really can't help it! I am so happy that you are one more step down... I hope we can meet up in China. Your Maggie is a beauty! I know you are as excited to get there as I am. Thanks again.

DonaldsonFamily said...

The dream is getting close to becoming a reality! I'm sure many emotions as you get this close to travel time. I feel so many myself as I wait for you all to travel and get back home! Can only imagine what you all feel. But I'm sure Happiness and Joy are among the list of all good things! Love you all.

cagdky said...

Her sweet little face makes my heart melt...

Jennifer said...

Not much longer!!! Cant wait to follow along!